In 2019, Amazon extended its Prime Day to two days of savings. It’s July 15-16, 2019. You may have seen news stories telling you what’s on sale and what’s marked down to unbelievably low prices. I’ll take it a few steps further in my story. You can even earn money back on your Amazon purchases this Prime Day if you follow my advice. My Amazon affiliate links and iBotta referral links are below where I’ll earn a small commission for your purchases. If you don’t have an Amazon prime account this is the perfect time to sign up for a free 30-day trial. Just remember to cancel after 30 days if you don’t want to continue!
1. Shop Tech
Amazon devices, Apple devices and even kitchen tools are at some of their lowest prices for Amazon Prime Day 2019.
Amazon Alexa and Apple earbuds are both marked down. If you want an Instapot or air fryer (like I do), this is the time to buy it.
2. Get Cash Back
I love getting money back and using coupons. Here’s how you can get cash back every time you shop Amazon.
1. Use my referral link to sign up for the iBotta app (or enter code: phsda) which will start you off with $3 in your iBotta account. I’ll get a $3 kickback for referring you.
2. Download the app from your app store and login using the email account you signed up for above).
3. Launch the iBotta app from your phone and search for Amazon. As soon as I opened the app this morning, look at what popped up:
4. Make your Amazon purchases through the iBotta app. It will be super duper clear where to click on the app. With “Shop Amazon” and “Buy.” You’ll earn as much as 6% off on your purchases. You’ll get an alert that your purchase was registered and you’ll get a credit for the rebate amount.
If you buy three Alexa devices for $49.99 each, you’ll earn 3% back.
If you make a return, that will affect your rebate.
iBotta requires you to reach a $20 rebate threshold to cash out by Paypal, Venmo or gift card credits.
5. Encourage more friends to sign up for the iBotta app to earn cash back for purchases in-store and online. For example, I just bought a few of A.J.’s school uniform essentials from OldNavy.com through the app for $38 and I have a $2 pending rebate in my account.
3. Buy gifts
For folks who buy gifts for holidays and birthdays, Prime Day 2019 is ideal. Buy now, save now. It’s July, but if you have family birthdays in August or September – of even want to get a jump on Christmas, this is your chance.
4. Order for Friends
Honestly, we let our Amazon Prime membership expire this year and I explained why. I’m still able to get free shipping on most of my Amazon purchases anyway. I admit, though – I miss some of the sh0ws I watched on Amazon Prime TV. Oh well. I still have Hulu, Netflix and cable TV.
But if you know someone who’d benefit from an Amazon deal, you don’t have to give them your login and password to benefit. Just order for them. Ship it to their address and make sure you pay it back.