- Three out of four working women earn less than $30,000 per year.
- Women earn less and receive half the average pension benefits of men.
- Women live longer than men, requiring them to make their money last longer.
- Women spend on average more than15 years out of the Workforce than men by caring for children or elderly parents.
- 71% of the nation’s 4 million elderly poor are women.
- Women tend to be more intimidated about financial issues, less informed about ways to secure their financial future and are more conservative investors.
Worth It! The Money Conference for Women is presented by Smart Money Chicks, a women’s empowerment group designed to help women “gain confidence and security through financial education.” My friend, Andrea Amir, is the Founder. She’s also a Certified Personal Finance Educator and Certified Housing Counselor.