I’m not one of those moms who lost their baby weight and kept it off. You may remember this summer I challenged myself to lose 10 pounds, but I only lost 8. You can check out the Fitness Friday videos I shared about eating vegetarian foods, getting therapy and squeezing in time to work out.
Back then I bought a super cheap bathroom scale from Target that just told me how much I weighed.
But it wasn’t able to account for any body fat I’d lost or muscle mass I’d gained.
Now I can track that and more after reviewing the EatSmart Get Fit Digital Body Fat Scale.
Here are my 6 Favorite Things About the
1. The scale comes with 4 AAA batteries which is incredibly convenient since you may not have these size batteries around your house.
2. Easy set-up and instructions. Two minutes after I popped in the batteries, it was calibrated to pounds (instead of killograms) and I’d set up a personal profile to track my weight, body fat, total body water, muscle mass and bone mass.
3. The whole family can use it. My husband weighs himself at the gym. Our son only gets weighed at the pediatrician. Thanks to Eat Smart we can all set up a profile to track our weight gain/loss.
4. Sleek design. I had a boring beige bathroom scale that only gave you digital pounds. The Eat Smart scale is like riding in a brand new shiny car. I think A.J. thought it was an iPad!
5. Great customer service. I called the EatSmart customer service number in New Jersey just to give it a try. I didn’t say I was a journalist or blogger. I didn’t even identify myself. Well the guy who answered the phone was super helpful and friendly, helped me through the technical issue and wished me a happy holiday.
6. Thanks to EatSmart I know my body fat percentage is OK, not excessive. I’m kind of shocked by this because I was pretty upset with myself after I didn’t meet my 10 pound weight loss goal this summer. But my body fat percentage is 24.9% which according to a chart in the EatSmart Scale manual and other body fat charts I found online, is normal for a 39 year old woman. I’m pretty shocked and relieved!
EatSmart Digital Bathroom Scale Features
- Measuring Functions: %Body Fat, % Total Body Water, % Muscle Mass and Bone Mass
- Proprietary Automatic User Identification Technology; Stores personal data for up to 8 users
- EatSmart “Step-On” Technology – Get instant readings!
- Large 3.5″ Blue LCD display with backlight – Easy to read.
- 4 High Precision Sensors – Consistent and accurate measurement
- Measurement Modes: Pounds / Kilos
- Graduation Increments of .2 lbs. / .1kg
- Ultra thin, sleek design with high quality tempered glass platform
- Max Weight: 400 lbs / 180 kgs
- Auto Calibrated; Includes 4 AAA batteries
Enter to win your own EatSmart™ Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale (value: $54.95)
Disclosure: I received a complimentary EatSmart scale to review. No other compensation was received.
All thoughts & opinions are my own.